AN EXTRAORDINARY SUMMER EXPERIENCE FOR YOUR *WATER LOVER!
Guaranteed to wear out the most rambunctious of kids!
- Cost – $395 – by the week, 10% discount for returning campers, siblings, or additional camp weeks. Payment required in full at the time of booking
- Water bottle & daily snack provided
- Westport (ages 9-15) and Rowayton (ages 6-12)
- Private camps – $10 surcharge pp (e.g. $405), 6 person min or equivalent in cost – call for available dates. No discounts. Private camps may be scheduled anytime from June 1st through September.
- Cancellation Policy
“Paddle Dudes” (Guys & Gals!) – Paddle Boarding and Kayaking
The combination of paddle boards and kayaks make it possible for us to cover a lot of ‘ground’, even get to the islands! We’ll engage in a wide variety of games that develop confidence, coordination and creativity – keeping campers entertained, challenged and feeling successful all week long!
- Kiwis – 6 – 8 yrs, Rowayton only, 9:30-12:30pm
- Dudes- 9 – 12 yrs, Westport 9:30-12:30pm, Rowayton daily 1-4pm
“SUP Dawgs” – Paddle Boarding
These paddlers get to experience all of our demo boards, even the racing ones! They’ll really learn about the sport and develop the finesse and technique that makes it exhilarating – from pivot turns, to prone paddling, to headstands and other shenanigans. Some of them have grown up to be dockhands and counselors themselves!
- 12yrs+, Westport only, 1-4pm
In the Downunder summer program our focus is to make paddling an easy, safe, and fun experience while teaching skills the ‘right’ way, and appropriate to the age and ability of the campers.
Paddlers learn through games and activities such as relays, board/boat swapping, capsizes and rescues, jousting, piano keys… we’ve scores of creative ways to teach! By the end of the week they’ll be masterfully maneuvering in and out of pilings, under bridges, around buoys and boats, paddling straight, and keeping up with their mates. as we explore the river and sound.
Depending on their program they might paddle to an island, into a lagoon, upriver to a dam and fish ladder. Along the way they’ll enjoy water games and team building activities that will increase balance, coordination, and confidence. Every day is a new adventure with treasure hunts, combing beaches for shells, making our own maritime environments, fishing, snorkeling, swimming, and enjoying the wildlife!
What do they learn in Camp?
- How to fall off, and get back on – safely.
- Tricks and Technique – from pivot turns to paddling on one foot, or simply – paddling straight and how to stop
- Tandems & Towing – how to have fun with another paddler, and be helpful
- Safety, Weather, Tides, and Rules of the ‘Road’
- Marine Stewards – with the help of Harborwatch all our paddlers go away informed and actively helping to keep our waterways and wildlife healthy
- Daily Drop In – former campers may come by the day if there is availability – call 24 hours in advance. $85pp.
- Camp runs regardless of weather – most days we will get water time, regardless of weather. The rest of the time we engage in fitness fun activities, environmental footprint and geocaching. If we don’t think we’ll get them on the water we have you drop them off at Earthplace* where our counselors will meet you. You’ll usually be notified the evening before, but if on the day we’ll give you at least an hour’s notice. *We have created a really cool program with Harborwatch at Earthplace that develops environment awareness and responsibility and ties back to the water they paddle in. They get to test our local waterways to determine how healthy they are, create their own geo cache, explore trails, meet and learn about the rescued wildlife they care for. For more info…
Book online or call the store at 203-956-6217. Returning camper 10% discount use code: RETURNINGCAMPER. Sibling camper 10% discount use code: SIBLINGCAMPER.
PADDLE BOARD LESSONS FOR KIDS
Are offered as private or semi private only, as we feel kids need our undivided attention. Private $110, Semi Private $90 each for 2 people, $75 each for 3 people, $65 each for 4 or more. Equipment included.
“Why Are Paddle Sports So Good for Kids?”
Find out in this Channel 12 Education Segment where anchor woman Amelie Wilson interviews owner Kim Beaumont.